Wednesday, July 15, 2015

First Time Meal Prep!

Tonight I spent about an hour and a half prepping food for 6 days ahead. I purchased multiple food storage containers, lots of veggies and fruits and a digital food scale which I can already say paid for itself.

I didn't really prepare for my shopping trip so I was lacking enough containers for 6 days worth of lunches and breakfasts. That works out for now because the stuff I did buy probably shouldn't be left prepared for more than the 3 days worth of containers I have.

Breakfast:

1/2 cup Vanilla Honey Greek Yogurt (containing probiotics)
A hand full of fresh chopped strawberries and blueberries
1/4 cup Granola

Lunch:

1 small taco sized flower tortilla
1oz hummus
A few slices Avocado (with lemon juice to help it keep longer)
2oz Sliced Ham
1.5 oz cubed colby cheese

Dinner:

1/2 cup Quinoa & Brown Rice
3/4 Cup Sauteed Spinach, Mushrooms and Peppers (for 3 days)
3/4 Cup Steamed Broccoli Cuts (for 3 days)
2.5oz of Over Roasted Bonless Skinless Chicken Breast topped with a salt free grilling seasoning.

*Note: I would have done 3oz of chicken each day but I was short a chicken breast


I can honestly say it will be a whole lot easier eating healthy when I don't have as much opportunity to make poor choices, As the saying goes, "If you fail to plan, plan to fail" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment