Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trying My Hand at Burlap Wreath Making

I've been pinning and  admiring the simple rustic elegance of burlap wreaths for about a year now. Every time I've seen them at craft shows and online they always range anywhere from 30 to even 60 dollars or more. Our ceremony backdrop is a made from old doors and the venue has a wreath hanger on it for anyone that wants to decorate.
The other day on one of my many craft store adventures (I'm addicted) I decided to finally attempt my own burlap wreath. Now, wreath making is new territory for me. I've never so much as decorated a Christmas wreath. The needs for the project are simple, a couple yards of burlap, a wreath frame, wire (if you intend on putting it outdoors) and whatever decorations you desire. For directions I simply googled "How to make a burlap wreath" and presto! Simple instructions that any beginner can follow.
My wreath is not finished yet. I bought a larger frame and didn't make up for the size difference with the right amount of burlap. Another fun fact, the bigger the loops the more fabric you need. I also didn't think of that. All a beginners mistake I suppose. Here is a photo of the start of my wreath.
Good luck and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment